Walking is the easiest and cheapest form of exercise for humans. Did you know that pets, like dogs, can get the same health benefits too? This is why walking is encouraged to maintain good health among your pet dogs. It is also a good bonding opportunity for the dog and its owner as you both get healthy and spend quality time together. But if you are too busy to regularly allot time to walk your dog, you can consider hiring a professional Brisbane dog walking service.
Before you go out and find a dog walker in Brisbane, it is important that you understand the in’s and out’s of dog walking first. Use these information to help you make the right decision on which walker to hire.
1. Consider your living condition. Depending on whether you live in an urban or rural area, there could be certain limitations to opportunities for dog walking. Keep this in mind when hiring dog walker. Make sure you discuss about the prospected walking route for the dog. You want to make sure that your dog not only attains maximum benefit from the walking routine, but also that their safety is ensured.
2. Learn to walk your dog instead of letting the dog walk you. You have to establish authority over the pet to avoid nurturing an unhealthy behavior. This is one of the subtle ways that you are impacting dog behavior through walking. A certified walker with proper dog walk training should know about this.
3. Walking in groups can improve the social behavior of your dog. Hence, if you want to improve your dog’s behavior towards other dogs (and make them less hostile) enroll them into group walks. There might be unwanted reactions from your dog at first but a well trained walker will be able to correct that behavior effectively without causing harm to other dogs.
4. The leash on your dog should be applied properly. Ideally, it should be placed far up the neck for maximum control. But do not pull at it constantly or too tightly as this could hurt the dog. Ask your Brisbane dog walking service to demonstrate how they tie the leash on your dog. You want to make sure that the dog is not hurt in the process.
5. Depending on how long the walking route will be, always carry water for the dog. This is most important when you are walking them during summer. You would not want to risk your dog getting dehydrated from the heat. You can also bring treats or goodies for them to reward them for behaving well during the walk.
In case you need a Brisbane dog walking service, try out Spot the Dog Walk. This is a professional dog walking service catering pet owners in Brisbane and nearby areas. All dog walkers at Spot the Dog Walkers are certified and have undergone training. Hence, you know that your pet is in good hands. If you want to see their services and inquire about how to hire Spot the Dog Walkers,